Monday, September 28, 2009

CHANGES ARE A COMIN'

The last few days I've been feeling a little better. My self loathing and depression are slowing beginning to go away. My anger, not so much. I am dealing with it. Once I get more informed I feel like I might stop being so pissed off. I have read EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. Diabetes is serious, but not the death sentence it used to be. So, now it's up to me, along with my nutritionist and doctors, to get this nasty thing under control.

My numbers haven't gone down at all even though I have changed my diet DRAMATICALLY. I am going to start the South Beach Diet within the next two days. I would do it today, but there is fruit in the house and you can't have fruit for the first two weeks on South Beach. I downloaded all the South Beach books on my Kindle and haven't stopped reading. My brain is starting to hurt. I also started writing down everything I eat along with my glucose readings and what I am feeling at the time. Life sure was a hell of a lot easier before diabetes...damn.

2 comments:

  1. No problem. I've been where you are and it can be hard. There's always support here if you need it. Just stop by and ask. Thanks for the comment regarding my girl Nala.

    BTW I go to the endocrinologist tomorrow. I used to have an A1C of 9.5. This time it is 6.7 . I feel 100 times better than I did then and you will too.

    ReplyDelete